Order of Extension of Fitness, Permit (all types), License, Registration etc till 31 March 2021:
On 27th Dec 2020, the Transport ministry of India has extended the validity of RTO related documents and vehicle related documents like driving license, Registration, Permit of all types and fitness certificates till 31st March 2021 in view of the COVID-19 situation.
Online application for driving license in India:
For license of 2-wheelers, 4-wheelers or heavy motor vehicles in Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad and other cities of India, one needs to apply online only. Previously, RTOs were used to apply physically by filling form and all. Now, all this formalities of form filling, documents required and payment are done via online. Only you have to go for computer test and driving skill test of your vehicle.
For car, bike or heavy vehicles, if you want to make online driving license in Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad and other cities of India, first you have to get Learning license by giving computer test, then after one month, driving skill test is conducted upon passing you will receive Driving License within 30 days by nearest post office at your address.
But, how to apply online for driving license in Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad and other cities of India? So, here are the things in details like how, where and what to do?
How to apply online for new driving license of car, bike or heavy vehicles in Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad and other cities of India?:
Registration and Driving Learner’s License time slot booking online:
- Registration : Register first yourself on Sarathi website –https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/sarathiservice/stateSelection.do
- Learner License time slot booking:
- Select your state from the list, then go to: Apply online > New Learners License. You will need one mobile number for registration on website by generating OTP.
- Then after login, pay fees of about Rs. 350/- (fees may vary with state) and verify the pay status.
- Upload documents like Date of birth certificate, Identity proof, Address proof.
- Upload your signature and photograph
- Then in final step, you have to select available time slot for computer test.
3. Computer Test for driving learner’s license online:
Go for computer test on your chosen time slot at your respective RTO computer test room. 10 questions may be asked in which about 6 /10 is sufficient for passing the test. Here you will get the result instantly. If failed, then again you have to book the time slot for test. And if passed, you will get SMS having Learning License No. which are valid for 6 months.
4. Permanent driving License time slot booking online:
Then after 30 days of passing learning test, you will get SMS for applying the permanent driving license. Here again based on the Learning license number, you have to upload the documents like Date of birth certificate, Identity proof, Address proof, payment of fees of about Rs. 1,000/- (may vary with state).
5. ‘Driving Skill test’ in RTO for permanent driving license:
Then, upon payment of fees, you will be allotted a slot for driving skill tests of LMV, MCWG etc. based on your application. On the driving skill test day, in front of RTO officials, you have to give the test under video camera recordings.
6. Under driving skill test, you have to make 8 design from your vehicle.
7. How to make design 8 in driving skill test place, here the test field of RTO Noida, sector – 32 is shown for understanding of reality.
8. Delivery of Driving License to home address:
The result of your driving skill test will be declared instantly. If you fail, then again you have to book the slot for driving skill test. And if you pass this test, then within about 30 days of this test, the driving license will be delivered by post at your address.
For online driving license in anywhere in India, most of the states follow same above mentioned here for the learning and driving license from their RTOs for car, bike and heavy vehicles, but still it is to be kept in mind that all these rules, regulations, fees, skill tests may vary depending on location, availability of infrastructure etc.
Also Read: Fastag new online apply, replacement of lost or damaged Fastag, Recharge any Fastag and Fastag FAQ
Frequently asked questions about Driving licence online application:
1. What is the website to apply online for learning licence and driving licence?
2. What are the documents and other things needed for online application of learning licence and driving licence?
Ans: The documents needed for online application of learning licence and driving licence are –
- Date of birth certificate.
- Identity proof document.
- Address proof document.
- Scanned ‘Signature’
- Scanned ‘Photograph’
- 1 mobile number.
- 1 email ID.
3. What is the pass mark in computer test to get the learning licence?
Ans: Usually there will be 10 questions asked in your selected language and 6 right answers should be enough to pass the computer test to get the learning licence.
4. After passing the computer test, I’ll have Learning licence, but when I can apply for permanent driving license?
Ans: After 1 month of getting Learning licence, one can apply for permanent driving license. You will receive SMS also from your RTO about it.
5. What is the validity of Learning licence?
Ans: The Learning licence is valid for 6 months from the day of computer test.
6. For getting permanent driving license, do I have to give driving skill test?
Ans: Yes, while applying online for permanent driving license, you will be given the time slot for driving skill test of your concerned class of vehicle.
7. Does RTO provide the vehicle, if I don’t have the vehicle?
Ans: Usually NO. You have to arrange the vehicle by yourself for the driving skill test. If you don’t have vehicle, then you can borrow at the driving skill test center from another participant.
8. When will be the result of driving skill test declared?
Ans: The next day, you will get the SMS about your result of driving skill test.
9. If I cleared the driving skill test, then when I’ll receive my driving license?
Ans: Usually you should receive your driving license within 30 days by post at your mentioned address.
Also Read: Year 2021 All India states and UTs holidays – Public, Restricted and Commercial & Industrial
Disclaimer: Check official website for any clarifications.