Fastag is necessary in our life now. Through fastag, not only we pay the toll charges across India, but the high-rise or secured apartments or villas may also be secured. For example, park plus app uses fastag to link its security of apartment’s gates. Through fastag scan, gates automatically detects the car status and opens. So, fastag is a must in our life nowadays.
There are about 33 fastag providers in India like SBI Fastag, ICICI Fastag and Other bank’s Fastag. You can check all banks’ or provider’s details here and compare by yourself which one suits you.
Paytm Fastag has the following advantages:
- No separate wallet for Fastag, your Paytm wallet is your Fastag wallet.
- SMS & Email alerts for all toll transactions.
- Standing instruction capability to automatically add money to your Paytm wallet.
- Paytm Fastag comes with a validity of 5 Years.
- Moreover, if you have already completed your KYC on Paytm, you just need to provide your vehicle registration Certificate to start using Paytm Fastag.
- 24×7 dedicated Paytm customer care available for Fastag related queries on toll-free number: 18001204210
Paytm Fastag new issuance charge and Replacement charge:
- Paytm Fastag new Issuance charge : Rs. 100
- Paytm Fastag Replacement or Re-Issuance charge : Rs. 100
Paytm security deposit and Paytm minimum balance for different types of vehicles:
For Car, Jeep & Van:
- Paytm Fastag issuance Cost: Rs. 100
- Refundable Security Deposit: Rs. 250
- Paytm fastag wallet’s Minimum or Threshold Amount: Rs. 150
How to buy new Paytm Fastag online?
Click Here for apply or buy New Paytm Fastag : PayTM Payments Bank Ltd – New FASTag Apply online
How to recharge Paytm Fastag online?
Click here to Recharge Paytm Fastag : PayTM Payments Bank Ltd – Recharge FASTag online
How to activate DIY Paytm Fastag?
The DIY Paytm fastag is not pre-activated, as DIY Paytm fastag can be bought without providing documents. Now, since you have been delivered your DIY Paytm fastag, you have to activate it manually. So, how to activate DIY Paytm fastag?
- You can scan the QR code on the Paytm Fastag or visit https://m.paytm.me/activate-fastag on your mobile to activate your Fastag.
- Enter the barcode number from your Paytm Fastag and enter the vehicle number for which you want to use.
- Upload Registration Certificate (RC) and your Fastag is activated. That’s it.
- It’s important to note that mobile number of Paytm account will be linked to your Fastag.
When to replace ‘same Paytm Fastag’?
If you are already an owner of Paytm Fastag attached to a vehicle like car, but now you need to replace it for the one of the reasons (Car’s Registration Certificate, RC number must be same):
- If your Paytm Fastag got damaged by mistake, then Paytm Fastag needs to replace.
- If your car’s windshield got changed, then Paytm Fastag needs to replace.
- If your vehicle get lost, then Paytm Fastag needs to replace.
- If your Paytm Fastag barcode is having some technical issues, then Paytm Fastag needs to replace.
How to Replace your Fastag from Paytm?
Steps to Replace your Fastag from Paytm, if replacement needed due to any of the above reasons? Follow these steps to replace your fastag:
- In Paytm app, search fastag. Go to ‘Replacement Tag’.
- You may need to upload your Registration Certificate (RC) front and back photos.
- Select address of delivery. Make payment of Rs.100
- You will receive your Fastag in 1 week.
How to change Paytm Fastag for ‘new car’, or change of Paytm Fastag for ‘new car’?
If you are already an owner of Paytm Fastag attached to a vehicle, like car, but now you have purchased a new car / vehicle. So, obviously the Registration Certificate (RC) will change and you have to change the Paytm Fastag as well. How to do this, as you can’t transfer your Fastag ?
- Choose option to close Paytm Fastag permanently. Steps to close Fastag are below.
- In 3 days, the Paytm Fastag will be closed / deactivated and within 10 days, the amount of security deposit of Paytm Fastag will be refunded.
- Now, you have to start afresh, buy new Paytm Fastag for your new car having new Registration Certificate (RC), and start using Paytm Fastag at toll plazas across India.
How to change or transfer Paytm Fastag of a car to another user or mobile no.?
If you are already an owner of Paytm Fastag attached to a vehicle like car, but now suppose, you want to sell your car. Then you can transfer your Paytm Fastag to another Paytm user. How to do this?
- In Paytm app, search fastag. Go to ‘Manage Fastag’. Select option – ‘Link with other wallet’.
- Enter the mobile number of the new user.
- The new user will get a SMS link for the above transfer activity.
- Click on the link, follow the steps and within 3 days, the transfer to another Paytm user will be complete.
How to close Paytm Fastag account online? How to deactivate online my Fastag account on Paytm?
Paytm Fastag account can be closed online through Paytm app also. The steps to permanently close the Paytm Fastag account on Paytm app are:
- Open Paytm app, Click on Fastag.
- Here, there are 3 options –
- View Fastag details – to know the details of your existing Fastag account.
- Replace Fastag – to change the vehicle, upload RC photos of new vehicle.
- Close Fastag – to close Fastag permanently.
- After choosing ‘Close Fastag’ option, you have to select a reason for closing Fastag:
- I am selling or have already sold my vehicle.
- My Fastag is lost / stolen / damaged.
- I am giving my vehicle to a friend or relative.
- I have some service related issues with my Fastag.
- Fastag is not in use.
- After choosing the relevant option above, a pop-up message will come displaying that, your Fastag will be closed within 5-7 working days. Security deposit and minimum balance maintained will be refunded to your Paytm wallet. Here, the refundable amount is also mentioned.
- Then, finally in this last step, ‘Closure Initiated’ message is displayed. That’s it.
- Within 1 week, amount will be refunded in Paytm wallet and Fastag account will be closed permanently.
Toll and Parking monthly pass through Paytm:
You can get Toll and Parking monthly pass through Paytm. The steps to follow for getting the Toll and Parking monthly pass are below:
- In Paytm app, search fastag. Go to ‘Toll and Parking monthly pass’.
- Under Toll head – select the concerned ‘toll plaza’ of which you want monthly pass and proceed.
- Enter Vehicle number and proceed.
- Follow the steps ahead and done.
FAQ of Fastag:
Click here for latest and detailed Fastag FAQ from Indian Highways Management Company Limited (IHMCL) of NHAI.
Disclaimer: Kindly consult official websites or contacts of Paytm Fastag for any clarification.