Dearness Relief (DR) hike for Central Government pensioners and family pensioners from 1st January 2023 are known to us after the declaration of AICPIN of period Jul’22 to Dec’22. The DA hike for central government pensioners and family pensioners from 1st January 2023 will be declared officially by DoPPW in March’23.
DA for central government pensioners and family pensioners may be hiked to 42%, hike of 4% from 1st January 2023.
For Central Government employees of 7th pay scale, HRA may also be increased to 30%/20%/10% from current 27%/18%/9% in the year 2023. Check the details here
DA hike for Central Govt. pensioners and family pensioners from 1st January 2023:
Below is shown the Calculated DA hike for Central Govt. Employees of 7th cpc scale. The same will be applied to the Central Govt. pensioners and family pensioners also.
Dearness Relief (DR) hike from 1st July 2022 for Central Government pensioners by DoPPW
DR hike for central government pensioners and family pensioners has been increased to 38% from 34% with effect from 1st July 2022 after declaration of AICPIN of June month on 29.07.2022.
The DoPPW has issued the 1st July 2022 DR hike order dated 8th Oct 2022. The DR, dearness relief for the pensioners either for Central Government pensioners and for family pensioners has been hiked from 1st July 2022.
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare under Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions announces the Dearness Relief two times in a year.
These rates of DR hike will be applicable to the following pensioners:
- Civilian Central Government Pensioners / Family Pensioners including Central Govt. absorbee pensioners in PSU / Autonomous Bodies in respect of whom orders have been issued vide this Department’s OM No. 4/34/2002-P&PW(D) Vol II dated 23.06.2017 for restoration of full pension after expiry of commutation period of IS years.
- The Armed Forces Pensioners, Civilian Pensioners paid out of the Defence Service Estimates.
- All India Service Pensioners.
- Railway Pensioners / family pensioners.
- Pensioners who are in receipt of provisional pension.
- The Burma Civilian pensioners / family pensioners and pensioners / families of displaced Government Pensioners from Burma / Pakistan, in respect of whom orders have been issued vide this Department’s OM No. 23/3/2008-P&PW(B) dated 11.09.2017.
Past DR hike for Central Government pensioners / family pensioner for 7th CPC pay scale:
Below is the list of past DR hike for Central Government pensioners / family pensioner for 7th CPC pay scale. The official order has been attached under ‘letter by DPPW’.
|Period of DR hike||DR applicable (%)||DR hike (%)||Letter by DPPW|
|01-01-2023 to 30-06-2023|
|01-07-2022 to 31-12-2022||38%||4%||DPPW Notif., 08.10.2022|
|01-01-2022 to 30-06-2022||34%||3%||DPPW Notif., 05.04.2022|
|01-07-2021 to 31-12-2021||31%||14 %||DPPW Notif., 22.07.21|
|01-01-2021 to 30-06-2021||17 %||0 %||DR Freezed till 30.06.21|
|01-07-2020 to 31-12-2020||17 %||0 %||DR Freezed till 30.06.21|
|01-01-2020 to 30-06-2020||17 %||0 %||DR Freezed till 30.06.21|
|01-07-2019 to 31-12-2019||17 %||5 %||DPPW Notif., 21.10.19|
|01-01-2019 to 30-06-2019||12 %||3 %||DPPW Notif., 06.03.19|
|01-07-2018 to 31-12-2018||9 %||2 %||DPPW Notif., 18.09.18|
|01-01-2018 to 30-06-2018||7 %||2 %||DPPW Notif., 22.03.18|
|01-07-2017 to 31-12-2017||5 %||1 %||DPPW Notif., 28.09.17|
|01-01-2017 to 30-06-2017||4 %||2 %||DPPW Notif., 07.04.17|
Also Read: Excel-income-tax-calculator for comparison between Old and New Tax structure.
Disclaimer: Kindly check for any clarification from official website.