DR hike for central government pensioners and family pensioners has been increased to 34 % with effect from 1st January 2022. The DoPPW has issued the DR hike order dated 5th April 2022 .
Dearness Relief (DR) hike from 1st Jan 2022 for Central Government pensioners / family pensioner for 7th CPC pay scale with DPPW letter:
The DoPPW has issued the 1st Jan 2022 DR hike order dated 5th April 2022. The DR, dearness relief for the pensioners either for Central Government pensioners and for family pensioners has been hiked from 1st Jan 2022.
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare under Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions announces the Dearness Relief two times in a year.
These rates of DR hike will be applicable to the following pensioners:
- Civilian Central Government Pensioners / Family Pensioners including Central Govt. absorbee pensioners in PSU / Autonomous Bodies in respect of whom orders have been issued vide this Department’s OM No. 4/34/2002-P&PW(D) Vol II dated 23.06.2017 for restoration of full pension after expiry of commutation period of IS years.
- The Armed Forces Pensioners, Civilian Pensioners paid out of the Defence Service Estimates.
- All India Service Pensioners.
- Railway Pensioners / family pensioners.
- Pensioners who are in receipt of provisional pension.
- The Burma Civilian pensioners / family pensioners and pensioners / families of displaced Government Pensioners from Burma / Pakistan, in respect of whom orders have been issued vide this Department’s OM No. 23/3/2008-P&PW(B) dated 11.09.2017.
Past DR hike for Central Government pensioners / family pensioner for 7th CPC pay scale:
Below is the list of past DR hike for Central Government pensioners / family pensioner for 7th CPC pay scale. The official order has been attached under ‘letter by DPPW’.
|Period of DR hike||DR applicable (%)||DR hike (%)||Letter by DPPW|
|01-01-2022 to 30-06-2022||34%||3%||DPPW Notif., 05.04.2022|
|01-07-2021 to 31-12-2021||31%||14 %||DPPW Notif., 22.07.21|
|01-01-2021 to 30-06-2021||17 %||0 %||DR Freezed till 30.06.21|
|01-07-2020 to 31-12-2020||17 %||0 %||DR Freezed till 30.06.21|
|01-01-2020 to 30-06-2020||17 %||0 %||DR Freezed till 30.06.21|
|01-07-2019 to 31-12-2019||17 %||5 %||DPPW Notif., 21.10.19|
|01-01-2019 to 30-06-2019||12 %||3 %||DPPW Notif., 06.03.19|
|01-07-2018 to 31-12-2018||9 %||2 %||DPPW Notif., 18.09.18|
|01-01-2018 to 30-06-2018||7 %||2 %||DPPW Notif., 22.03.18|
|01-07-2017 to 31-12-2017||5 %||1 %||DPPW Notif., 28.09.17|
|01-01-2017 to 30-06-2017||4 %||2 %||DPPW Notif., 07.04.17|
DA calculation for Gratuity and Leave encashment of retired central govt. employees between 01.01.20 to 30.06.21:
Since the DA / DR was freezed for the period from 1st Jan’20 to 30th Jun’21 for central govt. employees. So, there was a genuine concern for the retired employees within that period. As DA declared was only 17%, while it was increasing by calculation. So, the Govt. has relaxed rules for them.
|Employees retiring during period||DA for calculation of Gratuity and Leave encashment purpose|
|from 01.01.2020 to 30.06.2020||21 % of basic pay|
|from 01.07.2020 to 31.12.2020||24 % of basic pay|
|from 01.01.2021 to 30.06.2020||28 % of basic pay|
Disclaimer: Kindly check for any clarification from official website.
If you liked this article, kindly share it on any platform, whatsapp, facebook, twitter, Linkedin etc. below to keep us motivated.