The GR Infraprojects Limited (GRIL) has been emerged as the lowest bidder out of 3 bids applied for the extension of Aqua metro line in Noida-Greater Noida on 28.12.2021. This is the 4th time of tendering process for this line. So, if everything goes as per plan, the construction of metro in Noida extension or Greater Noida (west) may start in year 2022.
The Geo-technical investigation was already over, in which the strength of ground is accessed to build pillars. The metro construction will complete its phase-1 first out of 2 phases. Under Phase-1, 9.6 Km route will have 5 stations while in phase-2, rest 5.3 Km route will have 4 stations. The total cost of the project is about ₹2,682 crore.
Highlights of the Noida Metro Aqua line extension:
- Total length of Noida Metro Aqua line extension : 15 KM
- Length of Noida Metro Aqua line extension to complete in Phase I : 9.6 KM
- Length of Noida Metro Aqua line extension to complete in Phase II : 5.3 KM
- It will connect Noida Sector -51 metro station on the already operational Aqua line and will go till Greater Noida Sector 2 in Phase-I.
- Metro stations of Noida Metro Aqua line extension to complete in Phase I :
- Noida Sector 122
- Noida Sector 123
- Greater Noida Sector 4
- Ecotech 12 (Tech Zone)
- Greater Noida Sector 2
- Metro stations of Noida Metro Aqua line extension to complete in Phase II :
- Greater Noida Sector 3
- Greater Noida Sector 10
- Greater Noida Sector 12
- Knowledge Park V
Since 2014, it was the demand of the nearby sectors of Noida and Noida extension residents, but the UP government took almost 7 years to start the metro work, but still this is very good news for all the residents as they may board the metro in less than 2 years. This extension metro line may connect in future to 2 metro lines, Aqua line for going to Greater Noida and Blue line for Delhi.
This metro will be beneficial to many societies like Gaur city 1, Gaur city 2, Palm Olympia, Exotica towards NH24, the whole galaxy of Crossing Republic societies, Cherry county, Home 121, Cleo county, Ajnara residents, Supertech Eco village societies etc., collectively upto 3 lakh footfalls maybe expected as per latest estimate.