Income tax of India has taken new shape with advanced features. There are many changes in the income tax portal from 7th June 2021. The most important additional feature is now ITR can be filed through Mobile App also as well as through desktop. When almost every taxpayer has smartphone, so this mobile app is a very welcome step for the convenience of tax filers.
Income tax mobile app download:
First you have to download the mobile app for income tax. So, from where you will download? Income tax mobile app will be launched shortly. The mobile app for income tax may be downloaded from ‘Google Play store’ for android users and from ‘Apple App store’ for iOS users.
‘Mobile app for income tax’ features:
The mobile app for income tax will have almost all the features available on the desktop version. It will have a dashboard, which will contain all the relevant tabs like, ITR efiling, Payment to income tax, Status of ITR filed, Raising query or complain and refund status in addition to a lot of many other important things.
Since 7th June, the new income tax website http://www.incometax.gov.in has come into operation and this income tax portal is an integrated portal combining ITR efiling, payment system and refund processes all at one place. So, no need to go outside the portal to pay like old challan payment to the bank. All these features will be available in the mobile app also.
‘Mobile app for income tax’ benefits:
Mobile app for income tax will have many benefits like,
- Mobile app will have Integrated portal for ITR efiling, payment and refund processing all at one place.
- All interactions, communication or any pending action will be available in a single dashboard.
- Most of the ITR fields will be pre-filled, so very less data entry will be required. It will create less confusion for taxpayers. Your salary details, bank account details, provident funds and other savings details, home loan details, profit or loss from stock market may already be pre-filled in the ITR form.
- There will be FAQs section where taxpayers can see the standard queries, video tutorials and learn the tax related issues.
- For the payment of taxes, there will be online payment system through which any tax payer can pay through UPI, net banking, credit card, RTGS/NEFT etc.
How to file ITR on Mobile app for income tax?
Till now, there is no mobile app launched by income tax department on which you can file your ITR directly. But the mobile app for income tax will be launched and then it will be explained here about efiling income tax return. So, stay tuned for latest updates.
Aaykar Setu app – An app ‘only for information’ (Not for ITR filing) on income tax, PAN, calculator etc.
There is an app from income tax department, called Aaykar Setu, which contains the information regarding how to file ITR online, offline. It also information about PAN, Tax calculator. If you go to Return preparation tab, you will be redirected to a page where it is mentioned how to file ITR online and offline through web portal of income tax department.
If still you want to download this app, you can download from ‘Google Play store’ for android users and from ‘Apple App store’ for iOS users.
Disclaimer: Kindly check the official website incometax.gov.in for any clarifications.
If you liked this article, kindly share it on any platform, whatsapp, facebook, twitter, Linkedin etc. below to keep us motivated.